ALPA-S MBO PDPA POLICY
In this Policy, “Organisation”, “us”, “we” or “our” refers to ALPA-S MBO.
This Policy sets out:
a. how we manage your Personal Data;
b. the types of Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and/or retain;
c. how we collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data; and
d. the purpose(s) for which we collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data.
You agree and consent to our, the Organisation’s, and our authorised service providers’ and third parties’ collection, use, disclosure and/or retention of your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Policy.
This supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any right that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use, disclosure and/or retention of your Personal Data.
From time to time, we may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with developments and trends in the Mutual Benefit Organisation Act and/or any regulatory changes. Should any revision(s) be made to this Policy, updates will be published on our restricted site (www.alpas.org). Subject to your legal rights in Singapore, the prevailing terms of this Policy shall apply.
This Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions (Rules and Annex of the MBO). In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Policy and the Rules and Annex, the provisions of the Rules and Annex shall prevail.
1. Your Personal Data
1. In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have or are likely to have access to. Examples of such Personal Data include but are not limited to:
a. your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction with you;
b. your photos;
c. your employment history, education background, and income levels;
d. Personal Data of your family members, such as next of kin, spouses, and children;
e. information relating to payments, such as your bank account number or credit card information;
f. information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website.
2. Collection of your Personal Data
1. Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
a. when you sign up with us for ALPA-S MBO membership;
b. when you access our websites or perform an online transaction;
c. when you interact with any of our employees, officials of the Organisation and volunteers;
d. when you submit an application to us for membership services and benefits;
e. when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
f. when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
g. when you request that we contact you;
h. when you respond to our initiatives or promotions; and
i. when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2. When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously, but please seesection 6 below on cookies.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
1. Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
a. to manage your ALPA-S MBO membership including recruitment, processing and termination of your membership;
b. to provide you with membership benefits and services;
c. to provide you with guidance and advice relating to pilot licence issues;
d. to assist you with your enquiries;
e. to process payment for your ALPA-S MBO membership or any other purchases and subscriptions;
f. to improve membership services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
g. to conduct research, surveys and interviews;
h. to keep you updated on our events; and
i. to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Marketing/ Optional Purposes
1. From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text), facsimile or social medial platforms, to inform you about our membership benefits, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
2. We will not sell your personal data to marketing and third party companies.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Data
1. We may disclose your Personal Data to the following group of external organisationsfor purposes mentioned above, subject to the requirements of applicable laws:
a. Between ALPA-S and ALPA-S MBO, and organisations and associations to which we are affiliated;
b. hospitals, clinics or insurance companies in connection with claims;
c. agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, mailing, information technology, insurance cover, payment, payroll, data processing, training, market research, carding, storage and archival, to the Organisation;
d. external banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
e. our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers;
f. relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
g. business partners that provide any membership services and benefits; and
h. any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
1. We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites.
2. We make use of “cookies” to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our website(s). Such cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences.
3. Such aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our website(s) so as to improve your online experience with us.
4. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the website(s).
7. Protection of your Personal Data
1. We will make reasonable security arrangements to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
2. You will however appreciate that we cannot perfectly secure Personal Data from cyber attacks such as hacking, spyware and viruses. You will therefore not hold us liable for any unauthorised disclosure, loss or destruction of your Personal Data arising from such risks.
8. Retention of Your Personal Data
1. We will cease to retain Personal Data as soon as they are no longer required for the purposes we have stated or for legal or business purposes.
9. Accuracy of your Personal Data
1. We will endeavour to ensure that your Personal Data collected by us or on behalf of us, remains accurate and complete.
2. You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by contacting us directly.
10. Withdrawal of Consent
1. If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Personal Data Protection Policy, you may contact us via email@example.com.
2. Upon receiving your notice, we will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent.
3. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue to provide membership benefits and services to you. Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of any membership that you may have with us.
11. Access and Correction of your Personal Data
1. Upon your request, we will provide you access to your Personal Data and other appropriate information on your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
2. Upon your request, we will correct an error or omission in your Personal Data that is in our possession or control in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
3. The Organisation has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing your request.
4. Please submit your request to us through the following platforms:
12. Transfer of your Personal Data outside Singapore
1. We will ensure that any transfers of personal data to a territory outside of Singapore will be in accordance with the PDPA so as to ensure a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
13. Contacting Us
1. If you have any questions or complaints relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.